DETROIT — Detroit Lions 2017 Training Camp Think Ford First Family Day at Ford Field will be presented by the Southeast Michigan Ford Dealers on Saturday, August 5.
Think Ford First Family Day is a free, ticketed event at the stadium. Fans can visit any Southeast Michigan Ford Dealer now (while supplies last) to claim a Lions wristband which will earn them admission to a special reserved seating area, the chance to win autographed items and much more. A list of dealers and address information is available at www.thinkfordfirst.com.
Family friendly games and activities will line the Ford Field concourses, and the first 10,000 fans will receive a pair of Lions Thunder Sticks courtesy of the Southeast Michigan Ford Dealers. There will also be an opportunity to win exclusive prizes at the Gate G “Future Ford Owners” prize wheel throughout the event.
Gates open at 9:30 AM, with the Lions “Mock Game” scrimmage beginning at 11:00 AM. The event concludes at 12:30 PM. There will be appearances from Lions Legends, Detroit Lions Cheerleaders as well as the Lions mascot, Roary.
Fans may also register for up to 8 tickets to the event by visiting www.detroitlions.com/trainingcamp.
GENERAL TRAINING CAMP INFORMATION
Fans should regularly check www.detroitlions.com/trainingcamp for daily practice information, including weather updates, practice times and any changes to the team’s training camp schedule. Practice sessions at Allen Park are open for outdoor practices only and are subject to change. In the case of inclement weather, practices will be moved indoors and therefore closed to the public. Rain dates are available as necessary and will be announced for selected sessions that close due to inclement weather. Information on practice access will also be available through the team’s Training Camp Hotline (313.262.2882).
Fan video policy
Live streaming and recording video of any segment of practice is strictly prohibited.
Viewing area policies
- Re-entry is not permitted and children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Personal belongings are subject to inspection upon entry and items not permitted into open practices include: professional cameras (lenses over five inches long and/or 50mm or above), any video camera, selfie sticks, drones, food, beverage, coolers, lawn chairs, blankets, umbrellas, purses (larger than a clutch) or backpacks.
- Only bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12” will be permitted on the premises. Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at the gate.
- Small clutch bags/camera and binocular cases, not exceeding 4.5” x 6.5”, with or without a handle or strap, may also be carried into the practice facility’s perimeter.
- All cell phones should be turned off or placed on silent or vibrating mode. The fan viewing area features bleacher seating areas and additional standing areas.
The Stadium Collection
There will be official Lions merchandise for sale onsite at training camp. Items include the official 2017 Detroit Lions Training Camp hat and performance apparel.
Though autographs are not guaranteed, it has been common in previous years for Lions’ players and coaches to meet fans following practice sessions.
Food and non-alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase.
About the Detroit Lions
The Detroit Lions are a professional American football team based in Detroit, Michigan. They are members of the North Division of the National Football Conference (NFC) in the National Football League (NFL), and play their home games at Ford Field in Downtown Detroit. The team located to Detroit in 1934 and is the National Football League’s fifth oldest franchise. The Detroit Lions most recently made the NFL playoffs in 2016, when they finished with a 9-7 record. In addition to professional football, the Detroit Lions have a visible and active community relations role in the Detroit area. With a focus on health and wellness and community revitalization, the Lions have contributed $7.2 million through philanthropic efforts since 1991. For more information, please visit http://www.detroitlions.com.
# 30 #